Nominations are currently being accepted for the 2013 Salute to the Leadership Awards. Every year NASWA's President, Board of Directors and certain Committees present awards recognizing states and individuals for their excellent contributions to the public workforce system. The 2013 awards will be presented at the 77th NASWA Annual Conference in Denver, Colorado.
To nominate an individual or state for an award at this year's Annual Conference, click here or the link below. Keep in mind that you will have to login with your user name and password. Nominations not fully completed can be completed at a later date, as long as members are logged in.
Nominations being accepted via NASWA's online Awards system include: the President's Award, SEAL Award, Eagle Award, James F. Walls Employee and James F. Walls Team Award, the Mark Sanders Award, the Merrill Baumgardner Award and the NASWA National Business of the Year Award.
Nominations must be submitted using the online nomination application tool. Hard-copy or e-mailed nominations will not be accepted.
The deadline for nominations is July 1, 2013.
Make your nominations for the 2013 Salute to the Leadership Awards today!
Recipients of the 2012 Salute to the Leadership Awards are listed below. For the complete NASWA's 2012 Salute to the Leadership publication, highlighting award recipients' accomplishments, click here
NASWA's Salute to the Leadership 2012 Award Recipients:
- President's Award – Bill Warren, Executive Director, DirectEmployers
- SEAL Award – State of Wyoming, Honorable Joan Evans
- Eagle Award – Honorable Paul Trause, Commissioner, Washington State Employment Security Department
- James F. Walls Employee Award – Robert F. Singer, DVOP, Virginia Employment Commission
- James F. Walls Team Award – UI Modernization Project, Oklahoma Employment Security Commission
- Mark Sanders Award – Plymouth Massachusetts Career Center
- Merrill Baumgardner Award – John M. Fowler, UI IT Systems Manager, Texas Workforce Commission
- William J. Harris Award – Kintu Nnambi, Manager of Diversity, Inclusion and EO and ADA Coordinator
- William J. Harris Award – Honorable Paul Trause, Commissioner, Washington State Employment Security Department
- Vladimir Chavrid Award – Steve Saxton, Chief, Labor Market Information Division, California Employment Development Department
- NASWA National Business of the Year Award – U.S. Bancorp of Minneapolis