Indiana Prepares for WIOA
Mar 18, 2015
Download Document (PDF)
Indiana actions for implementing WIOA have included:
- Conducted a series of WIOA Town Halls in each region to give partners an opportunity to outline their questions and concerns about the new act that DWD can take under advisement as we create policy. In addition to regional Town Halls, an over view of the Act was presented to VR counselors statewide through videoconferencing; to the Indiana Community Action Agency Association; to the Vocational Rehabilitation Commission; to the state board; and to DWD’s field operations staff. A presentation will be made later in March to the Indiana Economic Development Council. The power point used for the town halls is attached.
- Assessed local readiness for transition, based on the tool created by USDOL. For efficiency, the readiness assessment was done just before or after the Town Halls with key members of the board staff.
- Established a Core Policy Team at DWD to make ultimate decisions on policy direction.
- Establishing 14 workgroups to dig deep into specific areas of the Act and recommend policy. The workgroup assignments and resources are attached. Also included is a template for the local board workgroup to use to determine composition of the board.
- Developed a WIOA webpage to keep everyone apprised of what we are doing when and who is doing it. The webpage is on the WIOA Center under State WIOA Pages and includes links to each workgroup’s meeting notes.
- There is a monthly WIOA update done through Adobe Connect open to anyone in the system who wants to find out the status of WIOA planning and ask questions. The February update power point is attached.