NASWA Veteran Services Conference 2017
Almost 500 people attended NASWA's Fourth Annual Veterans Conference August 16-18 in Washington DC. The agenda included four keynote speakers and 24 different workshops that covered such varying topics as credentialing, apprenticeship, transitioning from military to civilian life, LGBTQ issues, Veterans courts, and helping employers understand military culture. A panel of employers talked about their Veteran hiring initiatives, and members of Veterans Service Organizations discussed programs and partnership opportunities. Thanks to everyone who attended, was a featured speaker, presenter or panelist, and contributed to the event's success.
Post-conference feedback has been very positive:
- "What a great conference. 24 years in the military and seven with the state, it was hands down the best conference I have been to. The guest speakers, breakout sessions and the coordination of it was absolutely awesome."
- "It was an amazing event. We will be back next year!"
- "I thought it was one of the best conferences I have ever attended."
- "Hands down the best conference I have been to. The guest speakers, breakout sessions and the coordination of it was absolutely awesome."
- "Amazing. Truly the most uplifting, well organized and inspiring conference I've ever attended."
Plans are already underway for the fifth annual conference in 2018. Dates and a venue will be announced in coming weeks.
Click to play Video
Follow the social conversation on the conference: #NASWAVets2017