Google Career Certificate Scholarship Program
Google Career Certificates
NASWA has partnered with Google to provide 30,000 scholarships through the Google Career Certificate program to state workforce agencies. The program is available to all 50 states, the District of Columbia, and territories.
Google Career Certificates provide professional training in under six months for a career in the following high-growth fields: cybersecurity, digital marketing & E-commerce, data analytics, IT support, project management, IT Automation with Python and user experience (UX) design.
Scholarship recipients receive no-cost access to the Google Career Certificates. Other benefits include:
- Ability to complete the online program on their own terms with under 10 hours of flexible study per week.
- Job-ready skills, even with no relevant experience, and enhance their resume with a Google credential.
- Connection with over 150+ employers in the Google Career Certificates Employer Consortium who are currently hiring.
State Agency Resources
Members have access to Google Career Certificate Scholarship Program resources. These resources include tools to help your agency meet customer needs such as an example promotional video, prescreening questions, customizable documents (available in both English and Spanish), and more.
*Note: NASWA Members will need to login to access these Resources
- What is a scholarship?
A scholarship provides no-cost access to one of the following Google Career Certificates:
- Data Analytics
- IT Support
- Project Management
- User Experience (UX) Design
- E-commerce & Digital Marketing
Scholarship recipients are expected to complete the certificate within six months. It is critical that the recipient be able to make this time commitment to complete the training within six months. Google has partnered with NASWA to distribute 30,000 scholarships through the state workforce agencies.
- How can my state participate?
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Who will be eligible for this program?
We want to assist everyone who can benefit from this training opportunity. Priority is given to those from economically disadvantaged backgrounds including Black, Latino, Indigenous, female, LGBTQ+, persons from low-income backgrounds, justice-involved individuals, older workers, persons with disabilities, dislocated workers, at-risk youth, transitioning service members, veterans, and military spouses.
- What equipment will scholarship recipients need?
Scholarship recipients must have access to a computer, hand-held device or smartphone, and the Internet.
- Do individuals need IT experience to take the certification course?
No experience is necessary. Neither is a college degree.
- How much time do recipients have to complete one certification course?
Recipients must commit to completing the training within six months. This is based on completing 10 hours a week of study.
- Is the training available in other languages?
All Google Career Certificates are available in English with Spanish language support, and the IT Support Certificate is also available in Arabic, French, Portuguese (European), Italian, Portuguese (Brazilian), Vietnamese, German, and Russian.
- Are scholarship recipients guaranteed a job upon completion?
There is no guarantee of employment upon completion of the training. The individuals will have access to services through the state workforce agency and American Job Centers. Upon completing the certificate, graduates have free access to career resources like coaching sessions, mock interviews, and resume-building tools including access to Big Interview. They will also have the opportunity to connect with over 150 employers in the Google Career Employer Consortium. Individuals can access more information on other available career services through their local American Job Center.
- Can individuals take the course without a scholarship?
Yes, anyone can enroll in the courses, through Coursera.org. Fees may apply.
For more information, contact email@example.com