NASWA recognizes that member state attendance at meetings and conferences is a critical part in recognizing its mission to enhance the state workforce agencies' ability to accomplish their goals, statutory roles, and responsibilities.
The NASWA Board of Directors approved travel reimbursements for all member states, in good standing, to assist with travel to NASWA meetings and conferences during the 2019 association year (ending September 2019).
Each member state agency is eligible for up to a $5,000 reimbursement for travel.
- The state agency must be a NASWA member in good standing (i.e. have paid their dues)
- What counts as travel: registration fees, meals, hotel, airfare
- Travel reimbursement must be used for a specified, in-person NASWA meeting, workgroup, or conference.
- The state agency personnel requesting reimbursement for travel must have approval from their agency head or deputy agency head. This can be in the form of an email or attached pdf or word document.
- Approved travel reimbursement requests can be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The request should include any invoices and documentation, including mailing instructions for the check (attention to individual or department, and address).
- Reimbursement requests should be submitted no later than 30 days following the conclusion of the meeting or conference.
- Upon submission to NASWA, meeting attendance will be confirmed and expenses reviewed.
- Approved reimbursements will be paid within 30 days of receipt.
Any inquiries can be directed to email@example.com and will be answered promptly by Meredith Towns.