MT Hearings Officer
Montana Department of Labor & Industry
Are you looking for a position where you get to work with a great group of professionals who love what they do and are dedicated to public service? Are you looking for a work environment that places high value on customer focus, individual responsibility, continuous improvement and professional growth? If so, then you may be interested in the Hearing Officer position in the Centralized Services Division.
- Hold unemployment hearings and issue decisions 90% of the time.
- Perform pre-hearing procedures (review case files, research state & federal statutes, issue subpoenas, and prepare motions).
- Conduct hearings in which parties are afforded the opportunity to pursue or defend their rights under applicable law.
- Prepare and issue decisions
- File, record, and schedule activities to resolve all Unemployment Insurance benefit issues within 30 days of the date the aggrieved party appealed.
- Conduct hearings involving other employment issues and public hearings related to the adoption of or changes to the Administrative Rules of Montana 5% of the time.
- Participate in or lead research project teams and be assigned other duties necessary to fulfill the office’s goals and duties 5% of the time.
* Remote work may be offered on a case-by-case basis.