Local Policy Opportunities Emerging from Automation and Digitalization
This session will explore how workforce development and training policies need to be reconfigured to be more responsive to changing in the workplace from automation and digitalization. It would explore different policy options for promoting lifelong learning at the local level. In addition, With more than 630 million global members, LinkedIn’s insights on the future of work show important trends and how workers and companies are adjusting to the changes. Leveraging the power of its Economic Graph, LinkedIn is analyzing these trends across Career Pathways, Automation and Digitalization, Global Economic Integration, and Entrepreneurship. The session would be organised to include 3 key speakers, then selected comments and reactions, plus overall group discussion.
- Swati Gosh, Senior Director for Research, International Economic Development Council (IEDC)
- Liz Wilke, Tech Policy and Future of Work Researcher, LinkedIn
- Jaime Cruz, Executive Director, Workforce Connections, Las Vegas
- Laura Ripani, Lead Specialist, Inter-American Development Bank (IDB)
- Jeffrey Brown, Manager, Future of Work and Artificial Intelligence, Bertelsmann Foundation, North America