NASWA and LinkedIn have worked closely for several years beginning with the NLx to training thousands of career coaches. The partnership provides opportunities to improve the delivery of workforce development services for state workforce agencies.
The goal of the partnership is to empower workforce agencies with best-in-class tools to strengthen how they engage with job seekers and employers, understand the labor market in real-time, and develop in-demand skills among program participants.
Talent Solutions for State Workforce Agencies
State workforce agencies have access to a new suite of tools to improve delivery of workforce services through the LinkedIn Talent Solutions product suite. The offering includes an exclusive 5% discount beyond the existing and already discounted workforce development pricing and is made available to states through Carahsoft, LinkedIn's procurement intermediary partner.
This new commercial collaboration will facilitate stronger public-private partnerships by providing state workforce agencies the ability to partner with LinkedIn and access their full suite of LinkedIn Talent Solutions products, including LinkedIn Learning and LinkedIn Talent Insights.
This includes an exclusive community of practice, offering technology solutions to state workforce agencies for:
- Client recruitment and placement
- Real-time LMI dashboards
- Online and on-demand learning
Need more information? Visit the FAQ page. Ready to sign up? Contact us!
The LinkedIn Talent Solutions product suite includes:
Visit LinkedIn Recruiter
Visit Career Pages
Visit LinkedIn Learning
No-cost resources available to state workforce agencies
LinkedIn provides various no-cost resources to public sector and nonprofit workforce development partners including:
- Visit the Social Impact resources page for access to presentations, tip sheets, and LinkedIn Learning content to help job seekers use LinkedIn effectively
- Resources for veterans and military spouses. The resources include veterans-specific content and information on how veterans can access one free year of LinkedIn Premium
- Access to high-level economic insights from LinkedIn’s Economic Graph team.
Recognizing online networking is key to amplifying jobseekers' chances of finding the right match, this collaboration has two components:
- State job banks are connected to LinkedIn. This means jobs within the state job banks are accessible to all LinkedIn users - creating a larger network for jobseekers. (This is done using the NLx tool which collects and distributes national and state job openings)
- Front-line training for NASWA member states to help job seekers fully leverage online job networking to their advantage. LinkedIn has developed a curriculum specifically for state workforce agencies to use in training job seekers how best to use their online platform in seeking work. (Thank you to the states that participated in creating this curriculum: Colorado, Massachusetts, Pennsylvania, Utah, Washington, Wisconsin)
More Information on the Partnership
View the Case Study on LinkedIn and the National Labor Exchange (NLx)
LinkedIn Economic Graph video featuring NASWA President & CEO Scott B. Sanders