Georgia Pinnacle Award for Business Development Nomination: EmployGeorgia
Contact Information of Individual Submitting Nomination
Nominator: Lindsey Simpson
Email Address: : email@example.com
Agency Name: Georgia Department of Labor (GDOL)
The EmployGeorgia initiative was initiated by GDOL's leadership to provide innovative state-of-the-art services to Georgia's job seekers and employers to:
- Create a cutting-edge system delivering labor exchange services to employers and job seekers that integrates with current and future unemployment insurance systems.
- Produce a system available at no cost to job seekers and employers 24/7/365 that matches qualified job seekers with potential job opportunities by comparing experience, skills, abilities, education and other factors.
- Provide customers the choice of when, where, how, and what level of service to access.
- Provide customers the ability to receive services previously available only to customers who appear in person at Career Centers
- Attract a wider variety of customers by providing Internet services to those who otherwise may not have sought assistance.
- Provide a broader range of skilled applicants for employers by attracting Internet-savvy professionals to online services
Job seekers are now empowered to make connections for gaining employment and networking with employers. Within EmployGeorgia, job seekers can:
- Match to jobs they have the skills for, and for jobs they may not have considered applying for
- Explore Labor Market information related to in-demand jobs, employers, and hiring and salary trends
- Research a program of study while exploring next steps in their career based on successful transitions made by others
- View job postings based on specific search criteria, including ones recommended for them based on their skills and experience
- Save job searches and schedule daily or weekly email notices of new jobs matching their search criteria
- Control the information an employer can see and how they want to be contacted
- Research information about employers and training opportunities
The Georgia Department of Labor became one of the few states offering new and innovative services for employers seeking new talent. Within EmployGeorgia, employers can:
- Remotely create a secure account with unlimited subsidiaries/divisions linked by FEIN
- Create job postings with tutorials and searches of nationwide job postings
- View thousands of résumés of potential employees – searching by salary ranges, key words related to skills, credentials, past employers, etc
- Utilize automated invitations and screenings
- Receive job matches based on automated exploration of job seeker skills, qualifications, experience(s) – ranked by their likelihood of success
- Clone/search for successful résumés
- Conduct automated screening interviews with "knock-out" questions to ensure applicants meet minimum qualifications
Statement of results, accomplishments, impacts and any other appropriate information that demonstrates why the nominee's efforts were an exceptional contribution.
Statistics demonstrate the overwhelming statewide success of implementing EmployGeorgia:
- Currently, GDOL publishes around 100,000 job openings located in Georgia every day.
- From January 2018 through December 2018, GDOL provided services to over 343,000 job seekers.
- Over 745,000 resumes have been created.
- Since the launch of EmployGeorgia Talent, over 19,500 employers have established active accounts. Nearly 85% of these employers have posted over 1.2 million job openings.
- Currently, there are over 190,000 active resumes available for employee review.
Since EmployGeorgia's initial launch, federally reported outcomes have steadily improved. Per our last such federal report submitted, of job seekers who received as little as a single service from GDOL:
- 70% were employed within six months after last being served by GDOL
- 70% remained employed twelve months after last being served by GDOL
GDOL is evolving to meet the changing needs and requests of its job seeker and employer customers. An efficient labor exchange between employers and job seekers is essential to a robust labor market, improves the local economy and lessens drains on many public subsidies (i.e., UI, TANF, SNAP, Homeless Resources, etc.)
- Through the 4th quarter of 2018, Georgia achieved the lowest average duration of unemployment insurance (8.0 weeks) in the nation for the 22nd consecutive quarter, significantly decreasing burdens on Georgia's UI Trust Fund.
- Since the initial launch of EmployGeorgia, federally reported outcomes have steadily increased
* All Meeting/Exceeding Federal Goals
Other significant contributions
Leveraging the use of technology through EmployGeorgia has resulted in significant contributions to innovative service delivery with automated self-service solutions, resulting in thousands of new customers, making the creation of an online job search solution first priority. The resulting EmployGeorgia solution provides better efficiency with its comprehensive self-service workforce product for job seekers and hiring employers.
- EmployGeorgia Career Focus Explorer -- A comprehensive array of easy to use self-service tools offers an automated resume builder that articulates transferable skills, job searc
- EmployGeorgia Focus Assist – portal that allows staff to assist self-service and email customers, manage job lists, troubleshoot problems, and answer customer questions
- EmployGeorgia Focus Talent – supports the business community in evaluating and acquiring talent, posting jobs, ensuring applicants meet minimum standards, and screen interviews. Employers can also sort, screen, flag, contact, and track candidates.
With increased customer self-service opportunity, staff is better equipped to allocate customized efforts from registration information collection to fine tuning résumés, facilitating job matches, etc.
Examples of work