National Business of the Year Award
The National Business of the Year award recognizes a small, medium, or large business that demonstrates outstanding accomplishments resulting in a positive impact on its workforce, industry and community. Additionally, a significant part of the recognition for this award is based on the business' support and use of the state public workforce system.
1. The program, project, or initiative should be innovative, a new way to address an issue or challenge, or results in significant improvement of service or performance. Changes in existing programs, projects or initiatives, which result in significant improvement of services or performance, is acceptable.
2. The State:
- Must name one business as the nominee of the award;
- Must have confirmation from the business that they will provide an individual employed by them to be present at the Workforce Summit to accept the award;
- Must demonstrate the accomplishment, project or initiative was outstanding, a new way to address an issue or challenge, or resulted in a positive impact on the workforce, industry and community;
- Should demonstrate the program, project or initiative involved the business' support and use of the state public workforce system (Contributions to the system are recognized whether they are in workforce development, unemployment insurance, employment, or labor market information services and are evaluated taking into account the size and maturity of the business.)
3. The nomination must:
- be submitted by 5 pm EST, July 24, 2019;
- contain a completed Award nomination form;
- contain the answer to the questions listed on the National Business of the Year Award nomination form within the prescribed word limit;
- include a statement of approval from the agency administrator; and,
- be the single nomination for that state for the National Business of the Year award.