Throw Your Own Tea Party: Inspire Change! Promising Practices in UI Operations
States are using lean methodology to streamline UI program processes and make them more effective and efficient. Learn first-hand from four states about recent operation improvements including management dashboards, UI assistance in the One-Stop, and a triage system for questions to reduce call waiting times.
Moderator: Ron Marino, Assistant Commissioner, New Jersey Department of Labor and Workforce Development, Chair, NASWA UI Committee, and NASWA Board Director, Region II
- Steve Ruggles, UI Benefits Administrator, Washington State Employment Security Department
- Paulinr Heier, Director, Division of Reemployment Assistance, South Dakota Department of Labor and Regulation
- Susan Dickinson, Director, Office of Unemployment Compensation Benefits Policy, Pennsylvania Department of Labor & Industry
- Nsungwe Shamatutu, Director, Office of Unemployment Compensation Service Centers, Pennsylvania Department of Labor & Industry
- Dyana Bogan, Employment & Training Financial Analyst for Income Support, UI & Temporary Disability Insurance, Rhode Island Department of Labor and Training