NASWA and LinkedIn are excited to announce the next phase of our partnership. After years of working increasingly closely from the NLx to training thousands of your career coaches, we're excited to announce a commercial collaboration to facilitate deeper public-private partnerships.
LinkedIn’s goal is to empower state workforce development agencies with best-in-class tools to strengthen how they engage with job seekers and employers, understand the labor market in real time, and develop in-demand skills among program participants. This is the same core technology used by the largest and most innovative employers in the United States and around the world.
NASWA + LinkedIn Talent Solutions – Member Savings
State workforce agencies will have the opportunity to procure the LinkedIn Talent Solutions product suite to improve the delivery of workforce development services. The offering includes an exclusive 5% discount beyond the existing and already discounted workforce development pricing.
The LinkedIn Talent Solutions product suite includes:
- LinkedIn Recruiter - engage participants that have indicated they are seeking employment in your region on LinkedIn and employers actively hiring now
- Company Pages and Jobs - advertise local jobs and become the destination for job seekers in your region
- LinkedIn Learning - on-demand, online reskilling at scale, already used by 70% of US post secondaries and 78% of the Fortune 100
- Linkedin Talent Insights - understand what skills employers are looking for right now in any geography and what jobs are open and in demand
LinkedIn no-cost resources available to state workforce agencies
Yes, this partnership is in addition to the ways in which NASWA and LinkedIn have historically worked together to support state workforce agencies and the people they serve.
LinkedIn provides various no-cost resources to public sector and nonprofit workforce development partners including:
- Visit the Social Impact resources page for access to presentations, tip sheets, and LinkedIn Learning content to help job seekers use LinkedIn effectively
- Resources for veterans and military spouses. The resources include veterans-specific content and information on how veterans can access one free year of LinkedIn Premium
Access to high-level economic insights from LinkedIn’s Economic Graph team.
Recognizing online networking is key to amplifying jobseekers' chances of finding the right match, this collaboration has two components:
- State job banks are connected to LinkedIn. This means jobs within the state job banks are accessible to all LinkedIn users - creating a larger network for jobseekers. (This is done using the NLx tool which collects and distributes national and state job openings)
- Front-line training for NASWA member states to help job seekers fully leverage online job networking to their advantage. LinkedIn has developed a curriculum specifically for state workforce agencies to use in training job seekers how best to use their online platform in seeking work. (Thank you to the states that participated in creating this curriculum: Colorado, Massachusetts, Pennsylvania, Utah, Washington, Wisconsin)
More Information on the NASWA/LinkedIn collaboration
LinkedIn Economic Graph video featuring President and CEO Scott B. Sanders: