Click the ▸ (PLAY) button above to watch highlights video from the 2018 Veterans Conference.
A record-setting crowd was on hand for the Fifth Annual NASWA Veterans Conference July 18-20, 2018, at the Grand Hyatt Hotel in Washington DC. Over 500 people from 46 states and the District of Columbia heard stories of incredible bravery from keynote speakers Green Beret Commander Mark Nutsch and Medevac pilot Major MJ Hegar, took part in the first USDOL VETS "listening session" and honored their peers from Washington State who took home the Mark Sanders Award for Exceptional Service.
In addition, the conference featured a panel of nationally recognized employers, and two sessions on how to maximize use of technology available through LinkedIn and Microsoft. Eighteen different workshops covered topics as diverse as military spouses, serving disabled Veterans, and suicide awareness. Two sessions highlighted state "Promising Practices", another workshop focused on an Veterans apprenticeship partnership between Bechtel and Adaptive Construction Solutions, and a group of "Amazonians" shared information on their efforts to hire more Veterans.
Post conference feedback has been very positive:
- "Gotta say - by far ... this is my favorite conference! Of all the events we do, this is my favorite. We really make a connection with all the wonderful people that attend - they get us, we get them, and for one purpose - to hire a vet and their spouse."
- "Great information. The speakers were great. I can't wait until next year."
- "First time attendance. It exceeded my expectations."
- "This was the best NASWA Veterans Conference to date."
- "What an amazing conference!"
2019 Veterans Conference
August 7 - 9, 2019
Washington, D.C. - Grand Hyatt
See the social media conversation from the conference at: #NASWAVETS18.