NASWA Announces 2023 Association Year Board of Directors
For Immediate Release
WASHINGTON – The National Association of State Workforce Agencies (NASWA) announced the election of the 2023 association year board of directors. NASWA membership, which represents state and U.S. territory workforce agencies nationwide, selected 15 new board members and 10 alternate members to represent its regions, including a five-member executive committee. The board’s duties are to direct the business of the association.
“I’m excited to work with all of these outstanding professionals in their newly-elected roles to guide NASWA forward during the upcoming year,” NASWA President and CEO Scott B. Sanders said. “NASWA Board members spearhead the workforce development efforts across the country and their talent and expertise in this arena are second to none.”
Executive Committee Members of the Board:
- Chair – Dr. Tamika Ledbetter, Commissioner, Alaska Department of Labor and Workforce Development
- Chair-Elect – Michael Harrington, Commissioner, Vermont Department of Labor
- Past Chair – Robert Asaro-Angelo, Commissioner, New Jersey Department of Labor and Workforce Development
- Secretary – Lynda Parven, Administrator, Employment Security Division, Nevada Department of Employment, Training & Rehabilitation
- Treasurer – John Albin, Commissioner, Nebraska Department of Labor
Board of Directors, listed by NASWA region:
- Region 1: Director - Sarah Morrissey, Director, Operations and Employment Services Bureau, New Hampshire Employment Security; Alternate - Laura Fortman, Commissioner, Maine Department of Labor
- Region 2: Director - Nesha Christian-Hendrickson, Assistant Commissioner/Legal Counsel, U.S. Virgin Islands Department of Labor; Alternate - Daryle Dudzinski, Deputy Commissioner, Connecticut Department of Labor
- Region 3: Director - Dr. Unique Morris-Hughes, Director, Washington D.C. Department of Employment Services; Alternate - William Walton, Deputy Commissioner for Unemployment Insurance, Virginia Employment Commission
- Region 4: Director - Buddy Hoskinson, Executive Director, Office of Unemployment Insurance, Kentucky Labor Cabinet; Alternate - Adrienne Johnston, Deputy Secretary, Workforce Services, Florida Department of Economic Opportunity
- Region 5: Director - Brad Barger, Assistant Director, Ohio Department of Job and Family Services; Alternate - Stephanie Beckhorn, Director, Employment & Training, Michigan Department of Labor and Economic Opportunity
- Region 6: Director - Ava Cates, Secretary, Louisiana Workforce Commission; Alternate - Ed Serna, Executive Director, Texas Workforce Commission
- Region 7: Director - Amber Shultz, Secretary, Kansas Department of Labor; Alternate - Dr. Mardy Leathers, Director, Missouri Department of Higher Education & Workforce Development
- Region 8: Director - Laurie Esau, Commissioner, Montana Department of Labor and Industry; Alternate - Joe Barela, Executive Director, Colorado Department of Labor & Employment
- Region 9: Director - Anna Hunter, Assistant Director, Arizona Department of Economic Security; Alternate - Anne Perreira-Eustaquio, Director, Hawaii Department of Labor & Industrial Relations
- Region 10: Director - David Gerstenfeld, Acting Executive Director, Oregon Employment Department; Alternate - Cami Feek, Commissioner, Washington State Employment Security Department
Incoming executive committee and board members assumed their respective posts upon election at the Annual Membership Meeting during the 2022 NASWA SUMMIT, Sept. 21, 2022. All positions serve a one-year term, except the treasurer, who serves two years.
For more information on the 2022 NASWA SUMMIT, visit 2022 NASWA SUMMIT
For a listing of NASWA's regions, visit naswa.org/about/regional-map.