NASWA Policy Committee 2021 Leadership Announced
Media ContactMichelle Marshel, Director, Meetings & Communications
Phone: (202) 999-0168 | Email: email@example.com
For Immediate Release
WASHINGTON - The National Association of State Workforce Agencies (NASWA) announced the appointment of Chairpersons of the Policy Committees of the Membership. These individuals, selected from across the U.S. to serve as NASWA Policy Committee Chairpersons, are as follows:
- Mike Smith, Chief Financial Officer, Oregon Employment Department, will serve as the Administration & Finance Committee Chair.
- Tara Hutchison, Communications Director, Alabama Department of Labor, will serve as the Communications Committee Chair.
- Deniece Thomas, Deputy Commissioner, Tennessee Department of Labor & Workforce Development, will serve as the Employment and Training Committee Chair.
- Louise Dean, Executive Director, Alaska Workforce Investment Board, will serve as the Equal Opportunity Committee Chair.
- Nicholas Stowe, Chief Information Officer, Information Technology Services Division, Washington State Employment Security Department, will serve as the Technology Committee Chair.
- Beth Townsend, Executive Director, Iowa Workforce Development, will serve as the Unemployment Insurance Committee Chair.
- Patsy Westcott, Director of the Division of Employment and Training, Alaska Department of Labor and Workforce Development, will serve as the Unemployment Insurance Interstate Benefits Subcommittee Chair.
- Sam Mitchell, WorkSource Administrator, Washington State Employment Security Department, will serve as the Veterans Affairs Committee Chair.
- Tom McCarty, Director, External Relations, Texas Workforce Commission, will serve as the Workforce & Labor Market Information Committee Chair.
"Each of these individuals has unique subject matter expertise and were selected because they are highly talented in their fields," said Scott B. Sanders, NASWA President, and CEO. "We are fortunate to have this group of highly capable and innovative leaders serving in our policy committees."
NASWA Policy Committee Chairpersons assume their corresponding positions upon their acceptance of appointment following the 84th Annual Meeting - Workforce Summit & UI Directors' Conference held virtually last week. Their terms will run for one year.